USA Study/Work Abroad Immunisation/Screening Information
The USA often has quite specific immunisation/screening requirements prior to studying or working there but unfortunately these are not generally covered by the NHS.
We are able to provide the following vaccines free of charge if appropriate on the NHS:
- MMR -Mumps, Measles and Rubella two doses in total required/usually given in childhood
- Meningitis ACWY <25 years only One dose required usually given in school as a teenager
- Copies of immunisation details from NHS medical records are free
We are unable to provide the following vaccines on the NHS as these are not part of the UK immunisation schedule for adults:
- x Meningitis ACWY >25 years older
- x Varicella -chickenpox
- x Hepatitis B
- x DTaP -diptheria, tetanus, acellur pertussis
- x BCG -tuberculosis
We are also unable to provide:
- x Blood tests to check immunity/antibodies
- x Tuberculosis screening including Mantoux or Heaf tests, blood tests such as the Quantiferon test
- x Chest X-rays
Please note: some live vaccines such as the MMR, Varicella or BCG/BCG Screening test must either be given on the same day or one month apart.
If you require a signature/offical stamp on any medical/vaccination forms requested by the USA this will incur a fee.
Where can I get the immunisations or screening tests not provided on the NHS?
There are a number of private travel clinics in London that can provide these services but as you have to meet the costs we recommend comparing the fees between clinics before booking.
Whilst we are unable to recommend any particular clinic many students attend the Fleet Street Clinic
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.