COVID-19: Request Support

NHS Volunteer Responders

If you're at a higher risk from coronavirus, you can get help from an NHS volunteer with things like getting food, medicines and other things you need.

Call 0808 196 3646 (open 8am to 8pm) to get help from NHS Volunteer Responders.

The Winch Community Hub

The Winch Community Hub supports the most affected by the coronavirus and physical distancing in the Swiss Cottage and Belsize wards of Camden.

They are prioritising:

  • People who are self-isolating, with deliveries of food and prescription medicines
  • People facing financial difficulties, or just struggling with the impact of the lock down, with food and care packages
  • Anyone who needs a friendly phone call or a regular check-in

If you need a little help, or know someone who does, please contact The Winch Community Hub on 07526 555679 (open 9am-5pm weekdays).

Age UK Camden

Age UK Camden can help with the below, please call  020 7239 0400:

  • Internet shopping (although there are no delivery slots now available, some supermarkets are promising more very soon)

  • Information and advice hotline

  • Telephone befriending

  • Telephone counselling

  • Online book club

For more information, please see the Age UK Camden website.

Camden Council

For other information in terms of the services that are available in Camden, please see the Camden Council website.

Emergency Food Parcels

If you are shielding at home without any support, and have less than 2 days’ worth of food left, contact Age UK Camden on 020 7837 3777 or Camden Council on 020 7974 4444 (option 9).

For full information, please see the Camden Council website.

If you need urgent medical help

If you need urgent medical help, whether or not you have coronavirus symptoms, you should contact NHS 111 (call  111 or 111 online) or call 999 in an emergency.

Last updated: July 24, 2020